Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export), under the Regional Private Sector Development Programme (RPSDP) funded by the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) will be assisting CARICOM firms interested in participating in Agroalimentaria 2023.
Acknowledged as one of the most important Food Industry trade fairs in the Caribbean region, Agroalimentaria provides a unique opportunity for food, tobacco, and beverage firms to showcase their products to international buyers. The 8th edition of Agroalimentaria will be held on May 31 to June 3rd, 2023 at the Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Convention Center in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and is organized by the Dominican Agroindustry Board (JAD) and the Dominican trade and investment promotion office ProDominicana.
Products will be exhibited by thematic areas:
- Organic and Fair Trade
- Health and Wellness
- Technology and Services
- Agribusiness Suppliers
In the previous edition of 2019, 135 exhibitors participated, 165 international buyers attended the show, more than 2,200 matchmaking sessions were held; and over US$350 million in negotiated sales were reported. For more information on Agroalimentaria 2023, please visit: http://agroalimentaria.com.do/.
For this activity Caribbean Export will support the companies providing the following:
- Exhibition space within the CE pavilion,
- Event registration,
- Booth design and décor
- Participation on all activities during the event such as B2B meeting and presence at the specially designed gastronomy event,
- Round trip airfare to and from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic via the most direct and economical route for one representative of each participating company.
Participants are responsible for their accommodation, meals, ground transportation, shipping of samples and any other associated expenses.
- Firm must be registered and operating in the CARICOM countries
- Firm must be in operation for at least 2 years
- Firm must be able to demonstrate export potential or be an existing exporter
- Firm must comply with relevant international standards, quality registration and/or certification technical standards (e.g. HACCP, FSMA, ISO etc)
- Firm must have the capacity and be able to meet export orders generated through participation in the show.
The application process will be guided by 2 phases:
Phase 1: Interested firms must submit an Expression of Interest no later than 4:00 p.m. AST (DR time) on March 17th, 2023.
Phase 2: Shortlisted Applicants must complete Caribbean Export’s Diagnostic Tool Assessment. This online tool assesses firms on four (4) pillars (Management, Production, Finance and Marketing) to determine their current capacity to take advantage of opportunities that may be presented at the trade show.
Applications will be reviewed by Caribbean Export and the selection committee. Successful participants will be notified no later than March 31st, 2023.
Please note that submission of the Application form does not guarantee participation. Only fully completed application forms shall be considered and evaluated for suitability.
The information provided will be held in strict confidence and will be used to facilitate the review and selection process, arrange relevant B2B meetings and assist in our Monitoring & Evaluation activities.
Please download and complete the application form and submit all required documents no later than 4:00 pm AST on March, 17, 2023 to Romily Thevenin – Communications & Research Officer at rthevenin[at]carib-export.com