Caribbean Export is committed to supporting the development of export promotion strategies and technical assistance to better position Haitian products in the Dominican Republic market.
The objective of the consultancy is to develop export promotion strategies and provide technical support, for market entry and better position the products of selected Haitian companies in the Dominican market.
- Identify the potential of the exportable offer of the products of the selected Haitian companies on the Dominican market (pritorising the focus on the Haitian diaspora niche market ).
- Provide assistance and technical support for setting up the required regulations to comply with the Dominican Republic’s requirements in terms of licenses, standards and certification (administrative and sanitary) of the Haitian companies which are part of the project.
- Identify, promote, and organize working sessions with 5 Dominican distributors for each of the Haitian companies and guarantee at least one order for each exporting company.
Geographical area of intervention in the Dominican Republic:
The profile of the consultant(s) for this contract is as follows:
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the promotion of exports from Haiti and in the management of enterprises, particularly SMEs.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing technical assistance to SMEs for the creation or administration of enterprises for export purposes.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in export marketing for SMEs.
- Ability to work at a high level of independence, capable of managing the day-to-day needs to achieve the objectives of this consultancy in relation to the export of Haitian premium products to the Dominican market.
- In-depth knowledge of the Haitian SME environment and the Dominican market.
- Able to serve as a link between Caribbean Export, CCIH and FEDOCAMRAS.
- Excellent written and spoken French and Spanish.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in performing similar tasks.
- General knowledge of the challenges faced by SMEs to be competitive/productive and to export.
All reports must be written in French and Spanish.
The deadline for submissions is no later than 4:30 pm (AST) on July 8, 2022.