The Direct Support Grants Programme (DSGP) was developed in response to the immediate need for firms to retool and mitigate the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Caribbean Export has allocated funds for CARIFORUM firms, to be dispersed as grant funding. This funding is provided by the European Union under the 11th EDF Regional Private Sector Development Programme.
CARIFORUM firms can receive a non- reimbursable grant valued between €5,000 – €15,000 to implement approved projects.
The objectives of the DSGP are as follows:
- To provide direct support to the CARIFORUM private sector, including SMEs, on a non-reimbursable basis, given the challenges being experienced because of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- To provide support for activities focusing on business continuity;
- To increase exports to the Caribbean Region and/or other International Markets;
- To capitalise on the benefits of the CARIFORUM-European Union Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), CARICOM Single Market Economy (CSME), the Free Trade Agreement between CARICOM-Dominican Republic or any other bilateral or multilateral arrangements signed by the countries of the region within the region or with ACP or European Union (EU) partners;
- To facilitate digital transformation, energy management and efficiency, and protection of intellectual property rights.
All queries relating to the Direct Support Grants Programme should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org