1. Relevant Background
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) in collaboration with the European Union, the Government of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, and the CARICOM Secretariat will be hosting the Caribbean Investment Forum (CIF) in The Bahamas in October 2023.
The hosting of the Forum will serve to:
- Generate investment into priority sectors in the Caribbean;
- Build partnerships with key business entities, that can be sustained over time;
- Promote the Caribbean as a place for investment;
- Showcase opportunities/areas for investment;
- Showcase successful investment in the Caribbean;
- Engage potential investors and financing institutions regarding their interest and requirements for investing in the opportunities;
- Pitch specific ventures to specific investors;
- Increase the Caribbean’s insertion into the global business community through the creation of links with journals, newsletters, key influencers and networks; and
- Work towards attaining the sustainable development goals focused on no poverty, zero hunger, good health and well-being, decent work and economic growth, life on land and partnerships.
The focus for this event will be placed on presenting bankable investment opportunities in projects and sectors that are a priority for the region as it recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic and seeks to fast track the transition to a GREEN-er and SMART-er economy.
Priority sectors will include agribusiness (with a focus on AgTech), IT enabled services (digitalizations/digital economy), the blue economy, the green economy (including renewable energy) and logistics and transportation, to name a few.
To support the effective implementation of this event an experienced marketing and communications agency is required to support the production of the Caribbean Investment Forum – Bahamas including the development of the communications strategy to support event participation.
2. Overall Objective
The overall objective of the Consultancy is to promote the Caribbean Investment Forum by raising the profile of the event in the international market through effective marketing and public relations.
3.1 Work Experience
- Demonstrated experience managing high-profile events including communications (Please provide some evidence of at least 3 events that have been executed in the past 8 years);
- Demonstrated experience implementing event websites (Please provide some evidence of at least 3 events that have been executed in the past 8 years);
- Demonstrated experience creating event materials;
- Demonstrated experience in location marketing;
- Experience working with and in the Caribbean would be an asset.
3.2 Required Documentation
- The Applicant must submit technical and financial proposal together with the completed Applicant Declaration Form to Ms. JoEllen Laryea, Manager (Ag) – Partnerships, Advocacy and Reporting at email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 am AST on May 11, 2023.