Caribbean Export has embraced the task of propelling the development of the Caribbean private sector through forging relationships with key in-market partners in Ghana and Nigeria, both private and public, facilitating knowledge and technology transfer and sharing of best practice. Consequently, Caribbean Export will lead a small delegation of SMEs and business/investment support organisations from the region to participate in this programme. The dates for the programme are as follows: Accra Ghana, 5-10 June; Lagos Nigeria, 11-15 June, 2023.
2. OBJECTIVE, PURPOSE & EXPECTED RESULTS
The overall objective of the Consultancy is to explore opportunities for trade, investment and cooperation between CARIFORUM countries on the one hand and Ghana and Nigeria.
2.2 Specific Objectives
The specific objectives of the Consultancy are:
- Explore opportunities for trade, investment and cooperation between CARIFORUM countries and Ghana and Nigeria on this inaugural mission by Caribbean Export.
- Identify areas for trade, investment and cooperation in 3 targeted sectors:
- renewable energy
- agriculture and AgTech,
- ICT including fintech
- Secure participation of private sector firms, organisations, business support agencies, investment promotion agencies and other industry associations, as well as qualified investors from Ghana and Nigeria, for a schedule of business meetings with Caribbean participants.
- Secure partnerships with a view to undertaking Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) between Caribbean-Africa key public and private sector stakeholders.
- Secure partnerships for joint activities to promote trade and investment between both regions.
- Secure commitment and participation of African counterparts to a reciprocal trade and investment mission in CARIFORUM – the Caribbean Investment Forum 2023 scheduled for October 2023 in the Bahamas.
- Assist in finalizing of logistical arrangements such as coordination of meetings.
2.3 Purpose of consultancy and expected results
The target for this consultancy is at least 40 confirmed business matchmaking meetings broken down as follows:
- 20 investors and private sector firms in target sectors in Accra Ghana;
- 10 business support organizations, investment promotion agencies, chambers of commerce and industry associations including 3 partnership agreements in Accra Ghana;
- 10 business support organizations, investment promotion agencies, chambers of commerce and industry associations including 3 partnership agreements in Lagos Nigeria.
The expected results include a robust business-to-business programme that will enhance the prospect of increasing business and trade opportunities; increase the understanding of doing business across the two regions; CARIFORUM SMEs will be exposed to best practice and learn from the African counterparts; and open the Africa-Caribbean trade corridor in identified sectors.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant is expected to deliver the following results:
- Business matchmaking: The identification, confirmation, and profiling of at least 20 qualified firms and investors in Accra Ghana, and the scheduling of meetings with CARIFORUM participants as part of business matchmaking programme. (Please note that CARIFORUM SMEs in the three sectors identified will only attend mission in Accra Ghana, while the rest of the delegation will proceed to Lagos Nigeria).
- Development of partnerships: Provide support in identifying and securing 10 business and investment promotion partners (business support organizations, investment promotion agencies, chambers of commerce and industry associations) to attend and participate in a matchmaking programme with similar agencies from CARIFORUM, in each of the two locations, with 6 of these resulting in signed MOUs. These partnerships may include Chambers of Commerce, Private Sector Organisations and other business/investment promotion agencies with a focus on internationalising their local firms, among others.
- Event co-ordination in both markets: Provide support and guidance to Caribbean Export in coordinating the mission in both locations, including conferencing facility and attendant agenda including welcome reception and business agenda, accommodation and logistics/transport etc. to site visits where applicable. The full scope of deliverables will be determined in consultation with Caribbean Export.
- Post event feedback: Provision of a final report that includes feedback on the lead generation and partnerships and scheduled meetings, with recommendations for future work.
4. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
The Applicant must submit technical and financial proposals in EUROS, together with the completed Applicant Declaration Form to Mrs. Natasha Edwin- Walcott, Senior Advisor Competitiveness and Export Promotion at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Dr. Damie Sinanan, Manager Competitiveness and Export Promotion at email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm AST on Friday April 7, 2023.