Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is a trade and investment promotion agency in the Caribbean region headquartered in Barbados, with a sub-regional office in the Dominican Republic and a programmatic office in Haiti. Funded by the 15 members states of CARIFORUM and international donor partners, Caribbean Export seeks to expand the trade potential of the region by supporting private sector development, attracting foreign investment, and building the capacity of regional business support organisations. The Agency conducts innovative and focused initiatives designed to facilitate Caribbean businesses expansion into high value market nationally, regionally, and internationally. Our vision is to increase the competitiveness of regional businesses and products thus boosting export revenue and overall economic growth.
The Agency regularly organizes regional and international travel to participate in events that promote private sector development, trade and investment opportunities. To facilitate this, the Agency requires a travel management company as its dedicated travel agents. The Travel Agent will be required to provide airfare reservation and booking services for the Agency’s staff and external participants from private sector companies, inter-governmental agencies, and delegates. Interventions and participants of the Agency’s activities derived from the following destinations:
- CARIFORUM Countries (CARICOM countries + Dominican Republic)
- Latin America
- USA and Canada
- UK and Europe
Caribbean Export wishes to solicit proposals for the provision of travel management services from IATA accredited travel agencies or travel management companies based in the CARIFORUM region, to facilitate its regional and international travel activities.
A full Technical Proposal which details all services provided by the Travel Agent to meet the requirements outlined above, and Financial Proposal stated in United States Dollars (USD). The proposal must include the following documentation:
- A brief profile of the company including size, geographical location and network, areas of expertise, years in business, product range, etc.
- Copy of valid Business registration documents, licenses and Quality assurance certificates (if any) e.g. ISO held by your company, either for company business processes or products, or both.
- Copy of Valid IATA certificate and type of booking system used.
- List of major clients (International and Government organizations, embassies, multinational corporations/companies).
All technical and financial proposals must be addressed to Manager – Operations and must be submitted via email to: email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 15th September 2023.
Download the full terms of reference.