The governments of the Dominican Republic and Haiti as well as the European Union have entrusted the Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) with the implementation of the “Trade and Private Sector Component” of the Binational Cooperation Program between Haiti and the Dominican Republic under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) FED /2018/399-379. This component seeks on one hand, to improve the general business and investment climate in Haiti and the Dominican Republic and, on the other hand, to enhance the international image and perception of the two countries.
The program has three (3) main objectives:
- To promote more balanced and formal trade exchanges between Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- To improve the quality of goods produced in the two countries and the competitiveness of companies by paying particular attention to the following three (3) value chains: cocoa / chocolate; essential oils / cosmetics; and Handicraft/fashion/accessories/jewelry.
- To Consolidate institutional cooperation between Ministries dealing with trade affairs and Customs Administrations, as well as dialogue between the public and private sectors as well as within the private sector.
In view of the second objective, Caribbean Export will seek to develop and/or strengthen the binational value chain for handicrafts, fashion, accessories, and jewelry. To this end, the Agency will organize a jewelry workshop to present a binational collection. “Symbiosis”, the name of the collection which, according to its definition, represents: “an intimate association born from the encounter of two parties for mutual benefit”, will be an innovative platform that will seek interaction between artists and artisans from different countries.
This consultancy is seeking an event manager to develop the last part of the bi-national cooperation program to support the handicraft value chain, with the launching of a bi-national jewelry collection designed and produced by Haitian and Dominican artisans.
The consultant will also be in charge of the planning, design and execution of different jewelry workshops in order to present this binational collection.
The profile of the consultant(s) for this contract is as follows
- Ability to work in the organization of events that must be verifiable from previous experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of office software tools.
- Good knowledge of the environment and the handicraft ecosystem in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- Good knowledge of the Caribbean trade and development environment in particular the export challenges faced by companies in the region.
- Be fully available during the execution of the contract.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written).
- Very good knowledge of Spanish, French and/or English would be an asset.
- Candidates must be nationals of an ACP (Africa, Caribbean, Pacific) or EU country or represent a company based in one of these countries.
All reports will be written in Spanish.
Applications should be sent no later than 5:00 pm (Haitian time) on February 20, 2023 to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “Symbiosis”.