DEADLINE EXTENDED to March 6th, 2023
The governments of the Dominican Republic and Haiti as well as the European Union have entrusted the Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) with the implementation of the “Trade and Private Sector Component” of the Binational Cooperation Program between Haiti and the Dominican Republic under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) FED /2018/399-379. This component seeks on one hand, to improve the general business and investment climate in Haiti and the Dominican Republic and, on the other hand, to enhance the international image and perception of the two countries.
The program has three (3) main objectives:
- To promote more balanced and formal trade exchanges between Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
- To improve the quality of goods produced in the two countries and the competitiveness of companies by paying particular attention to the following three (3) value chains: cocoa / chocolate; essential oils / cosmetics; and Handicraft/fashion/accessories/jewelry.
- To Consolidate institutional cooperation between Ministries dealing with trade affairs and Customs Administrations, as well as dialogue between the public and private sectors as well as within the private sector.
In view of the second objective, Caribbean Export will seek to develop and/or strengthen the binational value chain for handicrafts, fashion, accessories, and jewelry. To this end, the Agency will launch a call for the Creation of a Digital Promotional Platform that will allow the promotion of the binational jewelry collection “Symbiosis”, as well as the production of the beneficiaries of the value chain.
Conceptualization, design, and implementation of a web site. The web portal must allow profiles for each artisan participant in the Bi-national collection and contact information for each profile.
The profile of the consultant(s) for this contract is as follows
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in the development and implementation of e-commerce platforms in emerging countries;
- Experience in trade and private sector projects management, including APE;
- Extensive knowledge of the Dominican Republic and Haiti, knowledge of bi-national trade, as well as the regional context of Caribbean Community (CARICOM), and trade flows in the Caribbean region;
- Experience in the private sector will be an asset.
- All reports will be written in Spanish.
Applications should be sent no later than 5:00 pm EST on March 6th, 2023, to the following email address email@example.com with the reference “Symbiosis-Plataforma Digital”.