The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) in collaboration with the Government of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, CARICOM along with other stakeholders, will be hosting the 2nd annual Caribbean Investment Forum (CIF) in The Bahamas in October 2023.
The hosting of the Forum will serve to:
- Generate investment into priority sectors in the Caribbean;
- Build partnerships with key business entities, that can be sustained over time;
- Promote the Caribbean as a place for investment;
- Showcase opportunities/areas for investment;
- Showcase successful investment in the Caribbean;
- Engage potential investors and financing institutions in discussing their interest and requirements for investing in the opportunities;
- Pitch specific ventures to specific investors;
- Increase the Caribbean’s insertion into the global business community through the creation of links with journals, newsletters and key influencers and networks in that society; and
- Work towards attaining the sustainable development goals focused on no poverty, zero hunger, good health and well-being, decent work and economic growth, life on land and partnerships.
Much like the inaugural CIF, the 2023 edition will feature the presentation of bankable investment opportunities in projects and sectors that are a priority for the region as it seeks to boost its transition to a GREEN-er and SMART-er economy with green investments. The priority sectors for this event are agribusiness (with a focus on AgTech), the green economy, including renewable energy and logistics & distribution, IT enabled services and transportation. The aim is to build on the successes of the first event by continuing the dialogue on the value proposition of the region in the priority sectors as well as between investors and business persons in the Caribbean.
To support the successful execution of the project and to realise project goals of attracting investment into the Caribbean, an investor lead generation firm is being sought to identify and confirm the participation of potential investors.
The general objective of this assignment is the generation and confirmation of qualified investor leads and the scheduling of business meetings for the Caribbean Investment Forum in the Bahamas. This consultancy also seeks to secure long-term partnerships from global players that will assist in sustaining the investment promotion effort of Caribbean Export.
3.1 Work Experience
- Demonstrated experience in generating investor leads, pre-qualifying investors and securing the participation of potential investors in meetings and events to discuss investment opportunities (Please provide evidence of at least 2 investor lead generation exercises executed in the past 3 years);
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and public relations, with a particular focus on location marketing and the use of social media to generate investor leads; and
- Experience working in or with the Caribbean and specifically the investment promotion agencies of the region would be an asset.
3.2 Required Documentation
The Applicant must submit technical and financial proposals in EUROS, together with the completed Applicant Declaration Form to Mrs. Natasha Edwin- Walcott, Senior Advisor – Competitiveness and Export Promotion at email@example.com with a copy to Dr. Damie Sinanan, Manager, Competitiveness and Export Promotion at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 pm AST on Friday May 12, 2023.